Shanghai, China /Product /Full-Time
Apply for this job
Location: Shanghai / Remote from similar time zone
Compensation: Competitive salary plus equity
Experience: Intermediate / Senior
Fam is building web3 communities with our mobile-first social network built on top of your NFTs. We are an industry-leading team of ex-Googlers who take pride in being small and productive, with a relentless focus on our product and our people. Fam is based in Shanghai and venture-backed by an international group of VCs and dozens of the best angel investors and creators across both web2 and web3.
Join our amazing team to build an incredible, talented, and passionate team to lead the cutting edge of digital technology and web3 innovation!
- You have a great love and appreciation for great products and the desire, skills, and experience to build them
- You see the potential that web3 -- and NFTs in particular -- have to bring about a better, creator- and community-driven future for everyone
- You have the positive energy, optimism, creativity, and determination needed to bring about that future
- You never tire of learning -- you want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0
- You are scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and proactively take on the responsibility, no matter what the challenge is.
- You can pivot on the fly. Web3 is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- Be the first hired product manager and work with the core founding team to directly shape a new web3 consumer product
- Research and understand our users deeply so that you can properly understand pain points, then translate those needs into concrete features with well-articulated requirements for design and development
- Research and understand our market and strategy deeply so that you can properly prioritize features -- both new features and feature improvements / iterations -- within the context of a broader product roadmap
- Work closely with the product design (UX/UI) and product development (engineering) teams as a project management partner to drive the execution and implementation of those features to completion
- Be keenly aware of the impact that these features have and optimize for their success in both quantitative (data-driven) and qualitative (interview/interaction-driven) ways, then incorporate market performance into appropriate improvements / iterations
- Execute on the product roadmap and help define product strategy
- Daily collaboration with Engineering and Product
- 4+ years of professional Product Management experience and bachelor's degree in a related product field (e.g. technical, design, or business background)
- Experience managing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- Full-stack understanding of how successful consumer products are created -- you may not be the best at each, but should have familiarity with software engineering, product design, product strategy, go-to-market / marketing campaigns, and more
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers and designers
- Fluency in requirements documents and project management tools
- Strong communication and leadership skills to express not only what and how, but why
- Low ego, collaborative, and open minded
- Project experience highlighting multiple prior products and your direct contributions
- Chinese mandarin and English proficiency
- Professional involvement in NFTs, blockchain, and/or web3 -- if no professional experience, strong personal experience in the above is a must
- Professional experience managing mobile and/or social-related products (e.g. chat, messaging, feeds, etc.)
- Ability to independently ideate and drive product direction from scratch or improve features, all with a user-centered design process
- Located in Shanghai, but we are open to team members working remotely from the same or similar time zone on a case-by-case basis