Your main focus will be on designing, building, and scaling our NFT infrastructure backend which handles writing/minting NFTs at scale across different chains. This means designing, developing, and shipping end-to-end new and exciting smart contract features that other developers can use with REST APIs, scaling nonce handling to thousands of transactions per second, ensuring reliability even when a single chain goes down, etc. We are still a relatively small team (but growing fast) meaning there's a wide variety of really hard technical challenges you can solve - from writing smart contracts end to end to scaling our real-time and low-latency NFT infrastructure which will span all the L1 top blockchains such as Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Flow, and layers 2's.
For more context, see the API platform: https://docs.nftport.xyz/
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and shipping blockchain + backend projects
- EVM stack is your bread and butter: Solidity, Web3.js, JS, Truffle/Hardhat, IPFS, etc.
- You are strong in backend, practise TDD, can handle databases and you are able to ship end to end
- Understanding of crypto industry and other blockchain projects (NFTs, DApps, DeFi Protocols, etc.)
- You can exit Vim (not kidding). Working with CLI, Linux, Git and setting up your own environment
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- You know and practice the de facto standards of high quality and secure software development including code reviews, automating, test-driven development, security tests, etc.
- Have the skills needed to prototype fast, find out what is the 80-20 solution and iterate to solve the remaining 20%
- Tireless problem-solver, acting autonomously, take ownership, actively proposing solutions, good communicator, be a team player, have a growth and startup mindset
- Are motivated and passionate about the startup, no-corporate-BS way of life which also means ruthless execution at speed. You believe strongly in the Web3 & decentralization ethos
Nice to have
- Designed protocols or worked with decentralized infrastructure
- Have worked in a Web3 startup
- Previously built NFT projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with cloud such as AWS or GCP
- DevOps skills such as Docker, etc.
- You are a shadowy crypto super-coder
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet likeminded people
- Be part of a startup that’s growing fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues who have previously worked in NATO, Amazon, Nvidia etc.
- Build and scale really challenging technology while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?