Hey there 👋
Are you a protocol engineer who would love to be part of building and scaling a decentralized NFT infrastructure protocol? NFTPort is Stripe for NFTs - One-Stop & Simple NFT Infrastructure & APIs used by 30 000+ developer teams, including industry leaders such as POAP, Protocol Labs, Nifty Gateway, etc.
NFTPort's mission is to empower developers to break up today's data monopolies and make the Internet ownable by citizens. Thus if you vibe with the mission and are enthusiastic about building NFT infrastructure for your fellow devs, then you fit right in.
Your role & key outcomes
Your main focus will be on designing, building, and scaling our decentralized NFT infrastructure protocol which reads and writes NFT data at low latency, high throughput, and reliability across different chains. This means architecting, developing, testing and shipping end-to-end an NFT data indexer which ingests new blocks and constructs NFT data state, handling data pipelines with TBs of data, ensuring reliability even when a single chain goes down, etc. We are still a relatively small team (but growing fast) meaning there's a wide variety of really hard technical challenges you can solve - from scaling our real-time and low-latency NFT infrastructure indexer to integrating it with the overall protocol which will span all the L1 top blockchains such as Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Flow, and layers 2's.
By the end of your year one, you have shipped a core part of our NFT data indexer.
For more context, see the API platform: https://docs.nftport.xyz/
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, developing, testing and shipping blockchain protocols or 4+ years of hands-on experience with delivering complex and data-heavy Golang projects
- You have experience with distributed systems and blockchains on a low level in either EVM, Solana or Flow. You know their internals such as their data structure, how to parse them, how blocks are mined, distributed consensus, horizontal scaling, etc.
- You have experience with low-latency and data-heavy streaming architectures
- You are extremely good at Golang, love TDD and you are able to ship end to end
- Understanding of crypto industry and other blockchain projects (NFTs, DApps, DeFi Protocols, etc.)
- You can exit Vim (not kidding). Working with CLI, Linux, Git and setting up your own environment
- You know and practice the de facto standards of high quality and secure software development including code reviews, automating, test-driven development, security tests, etc.
- Have the skills needed to prototype fast, find out what is the 80-20 solution and iterate to solve the remaining 20%
- Tireless problem-solver, acting autonomously, take ownership, actively proposing solutions, good communicator, be a team player, have a growth and startup mindset
- Are motivated and passionate about the startup, no-corporate-BS way of life which also means ruthless execution at speed. You believe strongly in the Web3 & decentralization ethos
Nice to have
- Designed protocols or worked with decentralized infrastructure
- Have worked in a Web3 startup
- Previously built NFT projects
- Experience with cloud such as AWS or GCP
- DevOps skills such as Docker, etc.
- You are a shadowy crypto super-coder
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet likeminded people
- Be part of a startup that’s growing fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues who have previously worked in NATO, Amazon, Nvidia etc
- Build and scale really challenging technology while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?