We just closed our Series A funding and are gearing up for the next stage of growth for our company. We are looking for a Head of Marketing who can help us define ourselves in the space, build a full marketing function, and continue to accelerate product growth. This role requires an expert product marketing knowledge of bottoms up distribution for B2B SaaS products, pricing models and most importantly a builder mentality who has past experience operating in the “white space” bringing products to market.
Our underlying platform can serve an immense amount of B2B and B2B2C markets and needs a seasoned product marketing leader who can bring great experience and energy to navigate the waters ahead.
As our first Product Marketing hire, you will have a huge and unique career opportunity in establishing Commonwealth’s positioning and messaging by deeply understanding our audience, the project management landscape and defining our GTM strategy from the ground up. What you’ll do:
- Measure the success of your solutions and iterate on them
- Drive the full cycle of product marketing, from informing product strategy to building GTM strategies, creating major launch moments to driving long-term adoption for our platform and the underlying technical foundation that powers all of Commonwealth’s products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, competitive research, and a real understanding of how our most technical products actually work
- Keep a pulse on our competitive landscape (including building software from scratch) and become the go-to expert for your audience to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Oversee the creation of demo assets, sales collateral, and creative campaigns and moments, that capture the hearts and minds of communities and convince them to try our suite of products.
- Oversee all channels from web, social, conferences and events.
- Researching the audience through both quantitative and qualitative exercises to develop audience personas
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, engineering, developer relations, sales, design, PR, and the rest of the marketing org—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products.
- Collaborate with our GTM enablement teams to create a cohesive and clear message for developers, whether they’re browsing our website or getting a product demo.
- Keep up a fast-moving pace of experimentation and decision-making
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B / SaaS / consumer product marketing
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree or focus in marketing, market research, product management, or technical degree. An MBA is preferred.
- Experience leading successful product launches, including creation of GTM strategy
- Experience working in a rapid growth role penetrating new markets with a startup mentality
- Success in a growth stage company is ideal. Working knowledge of marketing in a growth SaaS space is strongly desired; knowledge of crypto products is a plus.
- A proactive self-starter with an ability to analyze and distill opportunities in a complex environment.
- Experience marketing highly technical products and technical fluency. You’re passionate about technology, how things work, and breaking down technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand.
- Excellent writer with polished presentation, communication, and listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once.