The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast and live stream on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking a gaming leader to grow DRL’s global fanbase and build connections with all levels of gamers and the league. The Gaming Director will constantly seek out new ways to improve the current fan experience for DRL’s gaming portfolio and optimize the games we offer. This candidate will have experience applying insights to drive decision making and inform the product roadmap. The Gaming Director will partner with business development to bring forward fresh ideas for partners that will delight fans and achieve our partners business objectives.
Grow and Enhance DRL’s Gaming Portfolio
- Optimize current and create new marketing programs and strategies to grow the total number of players measured by DAU/MAU for DRL’s current and future games and gaming experiences:
- DRL SIM on Steam, Epic Games, PlayStation, and Xbox
- Drone Racing Arcade on ios and android in partnership with Skillz
- DRL’s Fly to Own blockchain game built on Algorand in partnership with Playground Labs
- DRL’s Metaverse Strategy
- Enhance the pl ayer experiences with our games working with the product/dev teams for each title by bringing forward the “voice of the player” and analytics to inform the product roadmap, measured by improvement of retention metrics per title.
- Manage budgets related to demand generation and seasonal marketing programs.
- Partner internally with key stakeholders in PR, production, operations and creative services to achieve growth objectives.
- Oversee a dedicated community moderator
- Deliver innovative marketing programs to the business development team that will both resonate with fans and achieve revenue goals.
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders that share progress on the growth and retention of our player ecosystem
- Identify opportunities and share POVs on relevant new entrants into the gaming verticals (SIMs, casual mobile games, blockchain games, etc)
- Gaming expert with 8+ years experience preferably in game marketing
- You have demonstrated success growing gaming communities and understand what is required to keep players engaged in titles.
- Deep experience and interest playing PC and/or console games
- Experience with Web3 technology and blockchain gaming
- Experience with metaverse platforms
- Experience engaging communities and bringing the voice of fans/customers into every conversation
- You build strong relationships internally and externally, and value teamwork
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- You are a self-starter and resourceful
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$175,000. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate's specific location.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!