Beckett Collectibles is seeking a Chief Technology officer to join our highly dynamic environment. The CTO will be reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO will be responsible for scaling the technology organization and preparing the company for their next phase of exponential growth. The right candidate will have a proven track record in leadership and team building with a focus on leading distributed organizations across the company.
Beckett Collectibles is a leader in the trading card and collectibles industry, providing pricing, grading, authentication, and other products and services for the sport, non-sport, and gaming collector. With a focus on integrity, commitment, and accuracy, Beckett will continue to be a leader in the collectibles industry providing dynamic products and services to collectors worldwide. Find out more about Beckett products and services at www.beckett.com.
- Establish, execute, and achieve Beckett Collectibles’ technical vision and scaling milestones in strategic alignment with business objectives, employee development, and revenue goals
- Manage the collective engineering team across multiple locations (US, Eastern Europe and India primarily), leading strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships
- Build and maintain a highly engaged engineering organization and culture; guide continuous learning for the engineering team and continuous improvement in our solutions
- Work closely with product, marketing, business development, and operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Nurture and enhance our engineering culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and ownership
- Ensure all technology practices, products, and services adhere to regulatory standards within financial services and data privacy
- Partner with fellow leadership peers to remediate production breaks and issues. Deliver real time updates, thorough postmortems and creating frameworks to prevent repeatable errors
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape and be Beckett Collectibles’ thought leader in innovation and creativity
- MS in Computer Science / equivalent business / practical experience
- Experienced at managing efficient, dynamic teams with a track-record of leadership building, communication across different time zones and developing technology to enhance the customer’s experience. Experience working with distributed and/or remote teams preferred
- Significant experience developing innovative products that heavily leverage emerging technologies in the Blockchain/NFT spaces.
- Exceptional technical capability, with deep knowledge of and experience with modern software development practices and technologies
- Player-coach engineering leader with the ability to act as an architect and commit production code as needed
- Ability to make technical decisions with the lens of what is best for a fast-growing startup
- Experienced in building complex technical solutions with deep knowledge of key architectural principles found in highly scalable systems
- Experience building a technical strategy and understand technical trade-offs and risks
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
Leaders in the Arena is proud to be a “fair (second) chance” company that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We prohibit discrimination in employment and harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, genetic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, discipline, and termination.