We are looking for an experienced and creative UI/UX Designer to join the expanding Nova Labs team. Nova Labs is seeking to change the world of connectivity with a highly disruptive model growing at a fast pace.
About Nova Labs
Founded in 2013, Nova Labs (formerly Helium Systems, Inc.) is a for-profit entity composed of the original founding team behind the open-source Helium Network. As the pioneer of decentralized wireless communications, Nova Labs has a two-pronged mission: to solve the unnecessary fragmentation and costs that plague IoT connectivity through 1663, their IoT division, and to enable people to genuinely benefit from the success of their mobile carrier through Helium Mobile. For more information, visit nova.xyz.
- Gather user requirements, design graphic elements, navigate components, and create seamless, enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets, and more
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites/apps function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, mockups, prototypes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to >
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Sketch etc.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills
- Preferred experience within decentralized technologies/blockchain/crypto
- Preferred experience with HMTL/CSS/JS
- Total compensation structure at Nova Labs is base salary + equity.
- Nova Labs is a remote-first company and takes a market-based approach to base salary pay.
- Pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. For candidates outside of metro market areas, we use the state average.
- The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
- The salary pay scale for the target experience and target skill set across all locations for this role: $89,000 - $133,000
- We are a remote-first company
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid company holidays
- Vacation stipend
- Monthly wellness/gym stipend
- Annual hardware stipend
- 401K plan