Altered State Machine is looking for a technically excellent, motivated, and proven Ethereum Blockchain Engineer with at least one high-volume Solidity project under their belt, to be part of a strong core team that is well versed in the security, performance, and commercial viability concerns of developing smart contract based applications.
Experience with Functional Programming, Typescript, React, GraphQL, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and API Gateway or Unity Game Engine would be highly desirable.
Key Objectives / Outcomes
- Develop software to meet agreed technical and design specifications to a high-quality, with little supervision;
- Make contributions to product architecture;
- Effectively review other developers’ code;
- Contribute to business requirements and technical specification documents;
- Thoroughly test software and log defects including - Unit Tests, Integration Tests, Performance Testing; and
- Provide on-call support to applications in production when necessary
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience designing, delivering and supporting secure, high volume smart contracts.
- Ability to design smart contracts to minimise gas costs to users
- Ability to contribute to a high profile protocol launch including, a governance DAO, ERC20 Token, ERC721/1155 NFT drops
- Confidence in designing critical, high value contracts for token vesting, liquidity mining and play-to-earn gaming.
- Experience integrating backend/frontend applications with smart-contracts and execution logs.
- Strong communication skills and highly effective when working with a team.
Key Work Behavioral Competencies
- Highly motivated takes ownership, and thrives when working in small teams to implement scalable, high-performing solutions;
- Outgoing and engaging, able to build or bring together a strong community of developers;
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills: asks questions, is transparent, keep people updated;
- Strong relationship building and relationship management skills: is respectful, supportive, inclusive, and flexible;
- Action driven: focuses on core responsibilities, is proactive, shows initiative and delivers on objectives and timelines;
- Effective collaboration abilities: listens, trusts and shares, shows readiness to take on or give up responsibilities as needed;
- Learning focussed: continually develops technical and non-technical skills and knowledge, seeks feedback; and
- High integrity: always operates with the best interests of the company in mind.
We're a great place to work at
- Experienced and wickedly talented team of 50 and growing
- Venture funded by a consortium of 20 leading crypto investors… and more every day
- Plenty of opportunity
- Real work-life balance
We can offer
- Great variety (no two days are the same)
- Exciting international projects
- Engaging with global AAA gaming companies, game platforms and investors
- The right salary
- Flexibility with WFH options
- The chance to be part of the next generation of the internet… the decentralised metaverse
We’re looking for people to help us build the future of AI and gaming in Web3. If the above sounds like you and the idea of new technologies, gaming, and the Metaverse excites you, we’d love to chat.