The Role & Responsibilities
As part of the MARCOM & Events team, you will be responsible for creating sponsorship opportunities for special web3 events in order to cultivate, procure and manage sponsors, partners and vendors. The successful candidate will cultivate and manage strong business relationships with current and potential sponsors and will collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to build sales pipeline and competitive analysis.
Sponsorship and Business Development
- Target Web3 companies looking to grow their brand presence or contacts through Filecoin Foundation events including: PLN companies, Web3 tools and resources, other L1 & L2 Protocols.
- Target traditional web2 companies looking for opportunities in the Web3 space and inside the Filecoin network.
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline with weekly reports and updates to leadership.
- Work with the Events team to create sponsorship inventory - including speaking opps, set pricing, and define event revenue targets per event and terms for partnering.
- Create and conduct proposal presentations to potential sponsors
- Research appropriate web 2 and web3 events to send FF staff to in order to do the competitive analysis and grow sales pipeline.
- Manage sponsorship contracting, invoicing and deliverables.
- Attend Filecoin Foundation events and be the main point of contact for all sponsors including: pre-event support, pre and post event communications, on-site support and visibility.
- Drive awareness of sponsor products, announcements and updates to MarComms team.
- Act as sponsor liaison on-site and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Extension of Events team on-site at events jumping in to support the event as needed.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with sales, business development, event planning and sponsorship
- Extensive event logistics and project management experience
- Experience with open source technology communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization skills and a keen attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable; able to seamlessly switch priorities as needed and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic goals while producing a high-caliber work product
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, collaborative work environment
- Ability to keep track of multiple workstreams
- Ability to see the big picture even while operating in deep in the weeds
- Experience working with remote, internationally distributed teams
- Passion for the decentralized web and information access
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At Filecoin Foundation, total compensation includes base salary, FIL/Tokens and exceptional benefits and perks. A reasonable base salary estimate of the current range for this positions is $100 - $200 an hour, with 10% commission on all sales, and we expect this role to be part time, ranging from 15-25 hours a week.