As an APAC Solutions Architect at Filecoin Foundation, you will play a critical role in understanding the customer's needs and help design and architect Filecoin in existing enterprise workloads and new Web3 applications. You will be at the forefront of onboarding new customer datasets and be responsible to drive and design new use cases onto the Filecoin network. As a technical evangelist you will be driving awareness through creation of blogs and educational content with the goal to repeat these new use cases across the wide ecosystem of users and storage providers. You will collaborate with the enterprise ISV ecosystem and the Filecoin engineering team to successfully integrate traditional enterprise applications with the Filecoin network.
This is a high-growth role with high visibility that will have a sizable, immediate impact on Filecoin Foundation and Protocol Labs' entire ecosystem. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of ecosystem partners and customers, from well-established giants to innovative startups.
- Identify, prioritize, and design high-impact solutions driving new datasets onto the Filecoin network.
- Drive and manage end-to-end technical relationships with top enterprise customers to successfully onboard new datasets.
- Build technical relationships with key tooling and ISV partners to exponentially grow the Web3 communities and proactively integrate new solutions.
- Be an advocate for clients inside of PL and provide input to the technical roadmap.
- Evangelize, inspire, and train teams to successfully build and repeat new use cases
- Guide the ecosystem of customers and partners in how to sell and implement new solutions through reference architectures, how-to’s, whitepapers, webinars, event presence.
- Have 5+ years of customer facing experience in solutions architecture, technical sales or professional services roles.
- Experience with deploying and integrating applications with scalable and distributed scale-out storage technologies, e.g. scale-out filesystems, on-premises object storage systems, Web3.0 PaaS and SaaS.
- Are willing to pull-up your sleeves and contribute through sample code and presentations to adapt to the customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions and related technologies. Understanding of DNS, TCP, firewalls, proxy servers, DMZ, VPN, VPC.
- You get a kick out of driving new technologies with emerging customers.
- Domain expert in storage, ideally in archive and backup workflows
- Have strong problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have prior experience in running your own startup or high growth teams.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills are required
- Good intuition with Web3 ecosystems and how the industry is evolving.
- Self-starter, and the ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity to deliver results.
- Must have enterprise customer experience for minimum 10 years
- Located in the APAC region and Mandarin speaking is a must have
- Needs to have PiB-scale deployment experience
- Must have extensive file, object and cloud storage experience
- Preference to have some blockchain or p2p experience
- Included a cover letter (demonstrates that they understand sentences are important)
- Experience in any scripting language (Python, Go, Rust).
- Needs to be senior and able to manage enterprise level deployments single handedly.
- Curious & fast learner (eg goes and reads about Filecoin while we're still interviewing them)
- Should have startup experience, ideally in the storage world or a data management application vendor (e.g. GPFS filesystem, Weka.io, CommVault vendor)
- Bonus (not required):
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops
- US, LATAM, EMEA, Asia time zone
- Sold into HPC type of workloads
- Should be used to delivering technical presentations to CTOs and storage architects
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At Filecoin Foundation, total compensation for this position includes a base salary, tokens (FIL), and exceptional benefits and perks. A reasonable base salary estimate of the current range for this position is $174,061 USD - $205, 942 USD.