This job posting is an opportunity for you to signal your interest in this role. Even though we aren’t actively interviewing for this role, yet, we are committed to spending time having conversations with talented engineers who are interested in Figment’s mission: to support the adoption, growth and long-term success of the Web3 ecosystem.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer & passionate craftsperson, with proven Ruby on Rails skills, based in Canada.
- You view yourself as a builder with a pragmatic outlook and work to resist bike-shedding on aspects that won't alter the needle much. You strive for simplicity and maintainability.
- You have exceptional communication skills, in English, and the ability to work remotely and asynchronously. We are very serious about this.
- You are able to learn new technologies quickly and enjoy learning new things.
- Speaking of learning, we do not expect you to be a blockchain expert. Some familiarity is definitely a bonus, but we will help you get up to speed where needed. You’ll only be limited by how much you want to learn about Web3 technologies.
- Full technical ownership of key features and core systems.
- Drive technical specification design, technical roadmap, and implementation of the product.
- Work closely with Product managers to negotiate plans design solutions and set expectations.
- Work closely with our Security team to deliver the most secure software solutions we can.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of product development.
- Produce clean, performant, and well-tested Rails code.
- Uphold team standards for code quality and reuse.
- Actively identify areas of improvement and design and execute plans to move those areas forward.
- Excellent understanding and execution of RSpec across a codebase.
- Write feature specs and review teammate PRs.
- Mentor junior developers on Rails development.
- Designing and implementing new customer-facing features on one of our existing product lineup.
- Getting new greenfield product opportunities up and running from scratch.
- Adding additional agents to our internal agent-based workflow system.
- Expanding the capabilities of our staking & un-staking API product.
- Enhancing our internal command & control plane to reduce toil required for daily operations.
- You have 2+yrs of experience in Ruby on Rails, in production.
- You are based in Canada and have successfully worked remotely in the past.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
Figment is a remote-first, globally distributed company. Our culture is centred around honesty, professionalism and risk-taking in a high-growth environment.
You’ll be working in a lightweight Agile environment, with support from your Engineering Manager and Product Managers, with massive opportunities for autonomy and growth.
Figment fully expects to hire the best talent for a job and let them have full autonomy and trust in being able to do that job to the best of their abilities with minimal management oversight. We also expect teammates to be able to help shape the team culture and working practices.
Your career development and professional growth is also a key cornerstone of how we grow people and invest in them, and you can expect active coaching and help on those aspects.
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” - ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: As we are not yet actively interviewing for this role yet, a salary range will become available at that time.
Benefits: All employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits:
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed quarterly - we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees oftenFor roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment