We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase’s mission is to build an open financial system, and our Security Team serves a vital role ensuring that system stays safe. On behalf of our customers, we store and manage more digital currency than any company in the world. The Product Security team exists to protect our outermost surface area to that digital currency: the web and mobile apps our customers use and love every day. Part Architect, part Engineer, part Evangelist, and part traditional Application Security, the Product Security team is tasked with doing what’s right to help the Product Engineering teams deliver default Secure products.
- You will prioritize and perform pen testing of cloud infrastructures, internal/external facing services, mobile and web applications
- As a member of the Offensive security team, you will be responsible for Threat Modeling of applications, systems and/or services.
- You will be responsible for supporting the development of processes and procedures to ensure cross-functional SLA’s are exceeded.
- You will review and analyze existing code bases to uncover vulnerabilities, and provide teams with recommended fixes.
- As a member of the Offensive security team, you will assist in the development of frameworks and tools to be leveraged during assessments.
- Collaborate with trusted partners to support scoping assessments, environment setup/configuration, project management, troubleshooting and vulnerability remediation
- You will be responsible for triaging and support of the public Bug Bounty program. This will include, but is not limited to: tiered support, documentation, stakeholder management, risk ranking and researcher feedback.
- Pick up other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in a risk and threat modeling methodology. You don’t need to be able to rattle off everything in the CWE as you iterate through STRIDE, but structure and fluidity in your analyses will really help you communicate efficiently across teams.
- Mobile or Web Application Security experience. Be it source code audit, penetration testing, bug bounty triage, or code reviews, you’ll be expected to examine code with security critical eyes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically on security topics. The work our team does is consumed by a startling number of audiences, so being able to effectively communicate across those people will be invaluable in stopping confusion and saving roundtrips.
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry. We would love to have you take the essentials of what you’ve learned and apply them to the unique challenges Coinbase faces in Digital Assets.
- If you have open source security tooling to your name, we’d love to take a look and understand what problem you are solving and how your solution works. We heavily encourage Open Source contributions!