This role will require out-of-the-box thinking: You must be well-versed in the current DeFi landscape but you should also be convinced that Sui’s ecosystem must go far beyond replicating past DeFi protocols. You must combine a builder’s mindset with long-term strategic thinking.
Your primary goals will be twofold:
- You will work hand-in-hand with external partners and teams to design and implement financial services delivering widespread and long-term adoption for retail users. Such as basic financial services and payments, uncollateralized lending, escrow and insurance.
- You will combine innovative thinking with effective leadership in order to onboard institutional finance products and services onto Sui.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct market research on the frontier of existing web3 services to learn from previous experiences and obtain inspiration from successful fintech and web2 services.
- Understand the concerns and needs of ordinary folks, especially in emerging markets, in order to identify and address existing pain points.
- Work with Mysten Labs’ Head Economist and Product teams to define strategy, roadmap, and sequencing for building Sui’s finance ecosystem.
- Work with Mysten Labs’ Engineering and Developer Relations team to prioritize, design, and build out financial primitives to power Sui’s financial applications.
- Identify strategic opportunities and work with the Sui Foundation and Mysten Labs’ Business Development team to onboard teams and partners to build on Sui.
- Work with Sui builders to help guide their products towards adding long-term value. Importantly, you will be a critical resource and sounding board for teams seeking to design, implement, and grow products in the Sui ecosystem.
- Espouse the principles of interoperability and composability to ensure Sui’s ecosystem is much more than the sum of its individual parts.
Our Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Deep understanding of past and current DeFi protocols, especially with regards to their economic design, engineering implementation, product-market-fit, and role in the broader crypto ecosystem.
- A vision on the future of on-chain finance and a roadmap on how to get to 1 billion users.
- Ability to bring your vision down-to-earth, translate it into a workable roadmap, and execute.
- High-level understanding of how a protocol’s design and incentives are influenced by the engineering implementation constraints and should feel comfortable conversing with smart contract developers.
- Proven capacity to engage and communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and remain motivated in a highly uncertain environment.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of economic concepts such as incentives, equilibrium outcomes, efficiency, and marginal effects.
- Experience with smart contract developing.
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at Mysten Labs, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3. We raised a $300M Series B round from top Silicon Valley led venture funds like FTX, Jump Crypto, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Binance Labs, Redpoint, Lightspeed, Coinbase Ventures, Electric Capital, Standard Crypto, NFX, Slow Ventures, Scribble Ventures, Samsung Next, Lux Capital, among other investment firms and strategic partners. Come join us and build the future of web3!