Come thru our Discord server to find out which client this role is for:
To be successful in this role:
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling for crypto products we are launching or incubating. Ensure product compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues in Legal and Compliance teams.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction on novel digital currency and blockchain technology legal and regulatory issues. Publish reports, frameworks, and other thought leadership that helps companies in our ecosystem.
- Lead complex and global cross functional efforts, effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders including legal and business teams (Business Development/Sales, Product/Engineering, Business Development/Sales, and Compliance).
- Proactively solve process and other problems for the business and for portfolio companies as they plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan.
- Work with projects in-house as well as portfolio companies of our incubator and advisory programs.
- Drive product compliance frameworks, oversee communication strategies and product roll outs.
- Currently licensed in a U.S. state. JD or equivalent with 5+ years of legal experience, and preferably in-house experience as well.
- You have substantial expertise working with product teams in the crypto and fintech industry, specifically teams building protocols, DeFi, DAOs, NFTs, and other related products.
- A strong interest in digital currency and blockchain technology.
- Experience providing legal thought leadership in novel areas. Comfortable challenging the status quo and preconceived notions of what is possible as well as working in areas where regulation is still evolving.
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
$100,000/yr - $300,000/yr