We are Fuze Finance - Building the digital asset economy world of tomorrow, today
We are building the blockchain infrastructure platform that MENA enabling businesses to seamlessly integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experiencesFuze is a fast-growing tier A VC-backed startup partnering with leading global and regional banks, fintech, financial institutions, and super apps, to offer innovative crypto and digital asset products through its API infrastructure in a regulatory and compliant way.
We are a bunch of driven and passionate builders, many of the founding team members have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own venture. As we are getting started we look for smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster.
- Responsible for acquiring licenses for crypto business across the region. Lead, plan, and manage high-quality deliverables in license applications, such as end-to-end preparation, review, and submission for all target markets.
- Work effectively to strategically support the company’s business objectives with a particular focus on global financial services regulatory, compliance, and policy matters
- Monitors, reviews, and communicates to all relevant stakeholders any significant regulatory developments within the environment of the business and actively develops technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities.
- Supports the regulatory license applications and acts as our regulatory liaison in the UAE and as appropriate.
- Confident in leading the team to ascertain reasonable license solutions and establish a practical roadmap.
- Strong execution and exercise independence to leverage all internal and external resources to promote licensing opportunities effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders and regulators.
- Keep well informed of the global regulatory environment and provide the team with timely guidance.
- Familiar with crypto and blockchain issuers and their ecosystem players, understand the standards on different capabilities and domains, including capital, liquidity, treasury, compliance, finance, and deposit insurance. Knowing how to demonstrate sound governance, legal certainty, and operational resilience in an abundantly transparent manner.
- Develop and deliver an agreed global regulatory policy plan in collaboration with regions that aligns to broader Fuze objectives.
Requirements and qualifications
- 8-10 years of recognized leadership experience with a background in managing regulatory, and compliance for a crypto/digital assets firm, supporting new license acquisitions.
- Financial services policy-making experience, preferably from a leading financial services regulator (ideally one responsible for regulating financial securities / payments), or similar regional or global financial services organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory and industry standards and regulations across the MENA regions
- Experience of crypto, DLT, and innovation, preferably through policymaking.
- Deep understanding of the current state of regulatory affairs. Familiar with the region’s banking licenses, digital currency licenses, trust licenses, bit licenses, money transmitter licenses, payment licenses, etc.
- Strong leadership qualities, including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaboration, etc.
- Policy making and drafting experience on technology policy issues within government, regulators, think tanks or relevant industry associations.