Our Engineering team has remained at the forefront of blockchain technology, setting standards for cryptocurrency infrastructure globally since the firm’s inception in 2018.
Research and build new back end microservices that manage business processes related to custody, trading, and settlement of digital assets, as well as building integrations with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial services providers, payment networks and other third parties.
- Participate in all phases of the product and feature development cycle from conceptualization through architecture, build, release, iteration and support
- Build backend services for new features as well as supporting existing product lines
- Manage and build integrations with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial service providers, payment networks and other third parties
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural decisions and agile practices within the team
- Support and solve problems from clients and stakeholders
- Provide mentorship to more junior colleagues
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Extensive experience building Scala applications or experience with other JVM languages and willingness to learn Scala
- Prior software engineering work experience
- Well-versed with (and committed to) the OOP paradigm and design patterns.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building and optimizing systems for working with large amounts of data, both at the database level and in interactions between services
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests for server-side code
- An ability to prioritise, distinguish between major and minor issues, and not get hung up on the latter.
- Micro-service architecture experience
- Professional work experience working on blockchain development (cryptocurrency wallets, blockchain data processing and analysis, DeFi protocols etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with cryptographic primitives: encryption and hash functions, public-key and elliptic curve cryptography.
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities