Our engineering team has remained at the forefront of blockchain technology, Our engineering team has remained at the forefront of blockchain technology, setting standards for the cryptocurrency infrastructure globally since the firm’s inception in 2018. We're now looking to expand the team with exceptional individuals who will help us further accelerate the crypto ecosystem’s coming of age. We have ambitious plans to build data infrastructure to allow every function at Copper to self-serve the data needed to make smart business decisions. This is an exciting role to help us grow a new BI Data function at Copper.is an exciting role to help us grow a new BI Data function at Copper.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Participate in deployment of services with strict availability requirements on a large-scale environment and working together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand
- Build a fault-tolerant, geographically distributed infrastructure: support of multiple data centres, providing replication, sharding, auto balancing and failover
- Develop and maintain code for automated infrastructure management (DevOps, Infrastructure as Code) with the use of Ansible and Terraform
- Work collaboratively with the Backend Engineering team to increase our resilience through insightful systems and application metrics
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to provide new integration vectors
- Build and maintain infrastructure for its own fleet of blockchain nodes (>25 layer 1 protocols now, and more to come)
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Extensive experience working as a DevOps engineer with production infrastructure
- Well-versed with modern web application principles and CI/CD processes.
- Understanding of network security technologies, and network security analysis tools.
- Experience in configuring access to nodes in a computer network.
- Virtualisation and containerisation system experience.
- AWS administration or with other cloud providers.
- Proficiency in coding non-trivial scripts and automating tasks in order to automate your tasks.
- Strong knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Able to independently solve problems of any complexity
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.