Who are we at the General Magic ?
The General Magic is composed of four organizations. Our mission is to build the future of giving; to connect people, ideas, and resources by building free, open-source decentralized applications to bridge the non-profit and blockchain worlds. We are creating an interface between the prosocial, value-driven, collective-focused magic-makers of the world and the revolutionary funding streams that the crypto space, especially Ethereum, has opened up. We are dedicated to building systems that appreciate value creation in the care work and stewardship of Public Goods which is currently under-appreciated in our global economy.
We need a Visual UI designer with previous experience in UI/UX, blockchain, and cryptocurrency technology. We need a team member with innovative ideas and effective communication skills. To succeed in this role you must:
- Design Landing pages, Websites, and App Interfaces.
- Design interfaces and define visual systems that effectively communicate product function and brand identity.
- Design marketing graphics for branded campaigns.
- Produce design resources for fellow designers to use in their day-to-day work, e.g. UI kit of our design system.
- Understand and apply brand design guidelines.
- Deliver final, pixel-perfect designs that are fully responsive; web, mobile, tablet.
- Build interactive prototypes using Figma.
- Review development work in progress to ensure successful design implementation and consistency.
- Support the QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended.
- Collaborate with the other designers across teams to ensure consistency of design patterns.
- Self-motivated, works independently, and thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Knowledge of design, production, and marketing terminology.
- Create flowcharts, storyboards, outlines, prototypes and models.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Present and defend designs to peers.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, using best practices and standards.
Pay and Perks
- Freedom of a flexible work schedule.
- Work in the remote location of your choice; ideally between Europe, North America, and South America.
- Crypto payment in xDai.