The Client Growth team sits under the Ecosystems organization and is responsible for driving the adoption of Filecoin at scale. We are a rapidly growing team tasked with accelerating data onboarding by providing insights, investing in the ecosystem, incubating new products, and leading strategic initiatives. We are building the bridge between web3 technology and mass adoption.
Our team is looking for an extraordinary BI Engineer to focus on building out our analytical capabilities and providing actionable insights. We are looking for a technical owner with a keen sensitivity to business needs: someone who is able to lay the technical foundations of our pipelines and dashboards, but also draw insights that inform our product strategy.
- Own the end-to-end analytical products and surfaces that enable internal and external stakeholders to understand the adoption and usage of Filecoin.
- Partner with project and enablement leaders to understand data needs and translate these requirements into logical and physical data models that are easy to understand and use.
- Build out business dashboards, self-service solutions, visualization tools and reports for leadership.
- Build robust data pipelines that combine on-chain metrics and events and off-chain information from a large variety of APIs.
- Work with engineering, product teams and 3rd parties to ensure that we collect required data.
- Use advanced SQL query design and data mining techniques, to use data, attack complex business questions, identify the root causes and drivers, and bring insights
- Support strategic project planning, leveraging data to deliver customer insights, and deep dive on projects.
- Be a resident subject matter expert for relational and non-relational data management systems, complex data access patterns, and performance optimization.
- Champion Protocol Labs’ strategy for data governance, privacy, security, quality, and retention, ensuring compliance with legal and business requirements.
- 4+ years experience working in business intelligence, data analytics, data engineering or a similar role.
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and performance tuning.
- Have demonstrated experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and building ETL pipelines.
- Experience building reporting and dashboarding solutions using data lake/data warehouses on Hadoop/similar ecosystem.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize insights from different sources and be able to communicate ideas and updates to business stakeholders.
Bonus points if you have experience with…
- Experience in a business operations or product strategy role.
- Setting up, administering, supporting Redshift, Postgres, and TimescaleDB instances.
- Visualization tools like Sisense and Observable.
- Open Source software communities.
- Experience and passion for Web3 or blockchain technology.