Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Coordinator for the Properties Division will be instrumental in supporting the collective sales efforts of the Property Sales Team. This position will be based in NY.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Property Sales Executives and Sales Strategy on day-to-day work, including but not limited to: Proactive prospecting and company research; Managing and maintaining Salesforce/CRM system; Drafting sales outreach for Sales Executives and following up to schedule meetings and calls; Developing category and property-specific outreach strategies for Sales Executives to deploy; Preparing pre-meeting materials, such as briefs, and coordinate with Sales Strategy and Marketing Solutions on follow up items
- Sales as directed with tasks related to proposals, presentation development and special project deliverables to include research and visuals
- Proactively monitor industry and business trade news to identify: Relevant updates related to active sales prospects (e.g. leadership changes, acquisitions, new product launches); Viable companies/brands that may or may not be a fit for a specific Excel property; Key emerging companies and brand categories; Properties that might see a need for Excel’s services short or long-term; Any other relevant industry news
- Support Client Management Process for Properties: Assist project sales lead and Sales Strategy group as directed with new clients; Lead preparation for weekly client calls, including organizing Salesforce pipelines and developing an agenda; Communicating with other members of the sales team for account updates; Providing weekly internal activity reports to the Properties Team and Sales Strategy
- Support Client On-Boarding and work directly with Sales Strategy to create Master Prospect Lists, sales hooks, and pull relevant data
- All other duties as assigned, including but not limited to administrative tasks
- Domestic travel when necessary, in support of sales efforts
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 1-2 years of experience in Sports Marketing and/or Sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Tenacity, curiosity, and ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding and interest in the sports sponsorship landscape, key industry players, market values and activation concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences, both written and verbally
- Ability to think critically and consistently offer new ideas for process optimization and sales approach
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Extremely proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Web3, Blockchain and NFT Trends and Technology preferred
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and Salesforce preferred
- Highly responsive and accessible
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships
The pay range for this position is: $60,000 per year - $62,500 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship