Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We are looking for a Market Surveillance Global Lead that will build and implement new surveillance capabilities for Binance globally. This person will drive the design of the surveillance infrastructure, and will be responsible for leading and managing the professional development of the team responsible conducting market surveillance of digital asset trading activities.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the Market Surveillance department and execute the surveillance monitoring plan, including the continued monitoring and enhancement of surveillance to detect and prevent misconduct, risk assessments and mapping of controls, and market intelligence reporting.
- Oversee analysis related to market incidents and responding to inquiries from regulators and stakeholders.
- Ensure issues detected through surveillance activities are escalated, remediated and documented.
- Draft policies and procedures related to market misconduct.
- Contribute to the design and development of models to enhance surveillance coverage, including but not limited to various forms of conduct risk, compliance policies, and market manipulation.
- Manage ad-hoc reviews of trading activity by analysing complex situations, identifying high risk behaviours, and applying judgment to resolve issues in an efficient manner.
- Keep informed of regulatory, business, and market structure changes globally that impact the surveillance program and continually look for methods to improve coverage and performance.
- Possess exceptional leadership, management, analytical and communication skills needed for dealing with market participants and internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years of industry experience, ideally in financial services compliance, at a financial services regulator, exchange/trading venue or similar experience, with a good understanding of derivatives and trading.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable units and develops solutions.
- Can absorb new concepts quickly and apply them pragmatically.
- Results oriented, sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
- Outstanding leadership characteristics with the ability to set direction and motivate others to follow that direction to reach the team’s vision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and cultivate high quality team members.
- High ethical standards, respect for confidentiality and privacy.
- Proven experience working in a rapidly changing and complex work environment.
- Strong functional knowledge of trade surveillance and exception based monitoring.
- Substantial knowledge of financial/trading regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, analytical skills, and impeccable integrity.
- Digital Asset product and market structure knowledge is a plus.
- Tableau, Python, and SQL skills are a plus.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, data science or related field.
Working at Binance
•Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
•Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
•International work environment and flat organisation
•Great career development opportunities in a growing company
•Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
•Competitive salary• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire