As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
The mandate of the Strategy & Intelligence Unit is to provide strategic and intelligence support to the Ecosystem Growth & Business Development department, with the objective of driving greater Polkadot adoption within ‘traditional’ industry verticals. The team is responsible for developing actionable strategic insights, including development of strategy & go-to-market planning materials for new industry verticals, use cases, and minimum viable ecosystems within the Web 3/Crypto space.
- Build and lead a new strategy team focused on global ecosystem strategy and growth
- Define multi-horizon strategic perspectives on ecosystem growth and help set direction and focus areas for growth and business development focused teams
- Work closely with BD team to define ecosystem maps for new industry verticals and develop go-to-market plans
- Drive market research, analysis, competitive intelligence, benchmarking, and reporting
- Develop pitch collateral and strategic & operational materials for broader department and support internal and external strategic initiatives
- Work closely with other key teams (ie. Product Marketing, Engineering) to ensure strategic alignment of tech, marketing, and BD roadmaps
- Manage and facilitate external research and consulting engagements
- Experience with market growth strategy; experience with ecosystem orchestration strategies is a plus
- Knowledge and passion about emergent technologies; Web 3 / crypto blockchain ecosystems, Artificial Intelligence
- Successful partnerships and/or business development track record; partnerships or growth strategy in a tech-related field, and ideally experience with ecosystem orchestration or ecosystem strategies
- Technology sector background is strongly preferred: experience with multi-sided networks such as marketplaces is a plus
- Consulting experience; achieved Principal or Partner-level (ie. 10-13 years experience) at a top tier consultancy
- Transactional experience is a plus
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.