The Director, Content is critical in ensuring the smooth flow and quality of all content. This role is hands-on, editing and refining content for clarity, consistency, and brand-alignment. Additionally, this role will serve as the traffic controller, coordinating the creation and production and review processes, ensuring that all deadlines are met, and that all pieces align with our standards. The right candidate is an exceptional writer, is detail-oriented, has an ability to streamline workflows, and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with thought leaders/content producers and reviewers to quarterback the creation, editing, and the production of written content.
- Build, maintain and disseminate content.
- Work with content creators to draft emails distributing content.
- Quarterback review process for each piece, inclusive of compliance review.
- Build a checklist for Grayscale content creators – systematizing content best practices.
- Serve as lead editor for all Grayscale content to ensure quality written content is well-written, free from grammatical mistakes, adheres to the brand guidelines, and is appropriate for intended audiences.
- Build and maintain a firm-wide content calendar, provide a holistic view on all content Grayscale is putting out into the world.
- Work with key stakeholders to create and maintain a Grayscale ‘handbook’ with writing guidelines.
- Conduct competitive research on content produced both by traditional financial services companies and other crypto firms.
- Liaise with Marketing and Comms teams to track content performance and measurement; adjust and optimize as needed.
- 6-10 years of experience in content-focused roles like editor, lead editor/writer, content director/manager.
- Experience in financial journalism/financial services writing, or sell-side research.
- Exceptional writing skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong editing skills across various content types and audiences.
- Expert understanding of MLA/APA or other >
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of financial/capital markets and investing.
- Deep understanding of content marketing principles, best practices, and industry trends.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple internal stakeholders and priorities.
- Robust project management experience.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently and within a fast-paced, collaborative team.
- Ability to synthesize information, adapt to brand tone, and reflect a content strategy.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling, audience- and media-appropriate written formats.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize content production collaboratively across departments.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders to reflect strategic goals.
- Ability to multi-task across several projects, prioritizing time-sensitive items.
- Ability to meet aggressive and evolving deadlines.
- Experience in establishing a similar content function in a previous role is highly preferred.
- Requirement to provide a body of work reflecting writing >