South Africa, Cape Town
Legal & Compliance – Compliance
Apply for this job
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
- Track and analyze developments in policymaking and national and regional sentiment and their impact on the industry.
- Develop and implement a regulatory compliance framework suitable to the evolving regulatory landscape in South Africa.
- Engage with external stakeholders and educate them on major product developments, launches, policy changes, or technology updates.
- Driving all compliance and regulatory matters with local & international regulatory bodies.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across legal, product, technology, communications, and others to understand priorities and develop custom projects where necessary.
- Develop and implement a governance framework to the extent required by local and global regulators.
- Focusing on internal compliance policy review, including ongoing assessments, assisting with compliance review, internal audit reviews, and ongoing or ad hoc reviews.
- Working with in-house and external advisories to monitor, and then implement responses to, regulatory developments that impact the businesses.
- Tracking new product/service launch compliance items.
- Collaborating with other departments on special projects and special compliance projects as necessary.
- Carrying out the necessary studies to ensure compliance with the regulations and providing necessary communication and coordination with regulators.
- Keeping information and statistics on internal audit and training activities regularly
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in a legal (general or private counsel) or a compliance department of a financial institution.
- Experience working in fast-paced and dynamic professional environments; ability to exercise appropriate and sound judgment.
- Ability to draft and implement policy documents to a global standard.
- Familiarity with the crypto industry and technologies, the policy, and political environments that surround them; ability to get up to speed quickly on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Ability to lead campaigns and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external policy and company leaders on a professional level to bring across messages and drive high-impact conversations.
Working at Binance:
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire