Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are continuing to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products, business lines and geographic regions. We have a balanced approach with a variety of Consumer offerings as well as diverse Institutional business lines.
FP&A plays a critical role in delivering this mission by: working directly with the senior executives in shaping the long-term strategy; helping our business leaders take a data-driven approach to make the best decisions; working with all key stakeholders – inside and outside – from regulators to investors; and adding value across the organization from improving daily operations to leading critical projects.
We are looking for a high-performing, highly motivated and resourceful financial strategy associate that loves using data and technology to solve complex puzzles.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong business acumen, a commercial and strategic mindset, and excellent technical capabilities. This candidate will preferably also have the “data gene” – i.e. someone who loves solving complex and important business challenges through intelligently applying financial modeling, data analytics and business intelligence skills.
In our team, you’ll embed performance reporting and analytics across the organization and drive change through automation and digital transformation.
- Partner with executive and management team to develop and execute financial strategy
- Focus and take ownership of our institutional business lines (trading, lending, investments)
- Get experience in and exposure to consumer businesses at times as well
- Take the lead on creating and maintaining the departmental operating plan and budget process
- Monitor and improve budgeting and forecasting accuracy over time
- Present performance and variance analysis to product heads, senior executives and CFO/CEO
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and valuable insights
- Initiate analysis to identify opportunities and risks, make strategic recommendations and act!
- Identify inefficiencies and take the initiative to improve business performance
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate key trends and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Support capital and resource allocation decisions through insightful analysis and modeling
- Lead monthly business reviews from finance perspective and maintain financial dashboards
- Prepare finance materials for board of directors meetings and investor meetings
- Provide input on new product decisions and determine forecast implications
- Integrate acquisitions into planning and forecasting processes
- Support equity and debt fundraising activities and investor diligence processes
Blockchain is a dynamic, fast-moving startup and this person should enjoy operating with increased autonomy and executing upon objectives with less than crisply defined boundaries and/or expectations in situations without clear precedent.
To do so, this person will rely on their integrity, attention to detail, demonstrated business intuition, creative problem solving and experience in financial modeling and project management. At the same time, he/she needs to be a utility player willing to roll up his/her sleeves and help out wherever needed.
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance or accounting experience
- 4-6+ years experience overall within a major financial institution or large fintech firm
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills (advanced Excel financial modelling)
- Data preparation, visualization and analytics skills preferred but not required
- Beneficial if experience in Tableau/Power BI, or related skills e.g. SQL, statistics, data science
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively across cultures
- Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with clients and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships and networks with internal and external counterparts
- Experience of investment banking, private equity, M&A, FP&A and/or FinOps (either working in industry, in these roles, or in professional services supporting these types of businesses/roles)
- Demonstrable interest in cryptocurrencies, financial services and/or investing
- Willing to work in a fast paced, high growth and challenging environment
- Motivated to take ownership and responsibility over mission-critical analysis and reporting
- Travel at times on short notices, as needed
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Career development stipend for all employees. Own your self-development!
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment (with Windows VMs available for advanced modeling)
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.