We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert in cryptocurrency who seeks an exciting, long-term career opportunity at one of the most highly-respected forensic accounting, investigations and compliance consultancies in the world. This individual has a genuine interest in all things cryptocurrency, including blockchain forensic analysis, investigations, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions compliance. Successful individuals in this field have a comprehensive understanding of cryptocurrency, blockchain technologies, analytics and transaction tracing. They also have an understanding of fraud and money laundering typologies and experience conducting forensic investigations. This position requires a skillset in the identification of crypto asset and relevant fraud risks and threats, and the ability to work in FRA’s Cryptocurrency Investigations and Compliance team. This position will help to support the growth and future path of FRA’s cryptocurrency offerings.
Day to Day ResponsibilitiesThis position will support the team driving our Crypto Investigations and Compliance group. The wide range of responsibilities include:
- Conduct cryptocurrency and blockchain investigations, including those involving fraud schemes, asset misappropriation, flow of funds and corruption.
- Leverage blockchain analytics to perform transaction tracing to determine the source and use of funds.
- Collaborate with FRA teams on cryptocurrency topics for client engagements.
- Balance multiple projects and responsibilities and track progress against work plans, highlighting potential issues to middle/senior management.
- Prepare documents, workpapers, and supporting materials that articulate the investigative steps performed.
- Communicate results with clients and colleagues in written and oral form, including drafting reports and presentations.
- Help advise various types of cryptocurrencies and blockchain businesses regarding AML Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD)/Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Sanctions, and anti-bribery and corruption program requirements.
- Pro-actively build and maintain relationships with industry and service provider contacts to use as sources of future business development and networking.
- Display a keen interest in technology across the financial crime space and support senior team members in driving developments and innovation to enhance the Cryptocurrency Investigations and Compliance practice.
- Be familiar with emerging crypto/Web3 trends, particularly those of non-banks and fintechs.
- Collaborate with engagement teams in assessing AML risks associated with crypto/Web3 business models, to align with best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and regulatory requirements through independent research of BSA/AML related regulations, FinCEN/Federal Reserve Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual.
- Assist in developing cryptocurrency investigation and compliance trainings for the FRA team.
- Support the research required in the preparation of pitches and proposals and support the firm in its business development and marketing activities.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of three years’ relevant cryptocurrency industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related field required.
- Demonstrate experience in business and strategic planning, managing client relationships.
- Demonstrate evidence of analytic capabilities.
- Experience in blockchain analytics and transaction tracing tools (Chainalysis, TRM Labs, Coinfirm or others).
- Chainalysis Reactor, TRM Labs or equivalent Certification preferred.
- Demonstrate evidence of cryptoasset product knowledge to include an understanding of blockchain and DeFi technologies, the underlying blockchain architecture, and uses such as cryptocurrency, DApps, and NFTs.
- Strong understanding of the compliance and regulatory frameworks applicable to financial institutions with an emphasis on FinCEN regulations and FFIEC guidelines.
- Desire and effort to keep abreast of the latest global regulatory enhancements facing the cryptocurrency industry.
- Highly advanced ability to conduct high quality reviews and investigations independently.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Expert proficiency using computer programs with the full suite of Office software applications.
- Experience working with data analysis platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, SQL or Python preferred) and large datasets.
- Demonstrate experience of managing and prioritising own workload effectively to manage concurrent and conflicting deadlines.
- Proven track record of establishing credibility with clients and senior stakeholders quickly and successfully managing ongoing client relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong work ethic, attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- Involvement in innovation and thought leadership in Cryptocurrency Investigations and Compliance practice.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, if required.
FRA is a market leader in regulatory compliance, financial investigations, and data analytics. At FRA, we are regularly hired to provide expertise on some of the world’s largest and most complex multi-jurisdictional investigations and compliance matters and are consistently recognised as a global market leader. We are in 12 international locations with 200+ specialists and have worked in over 100 countries.