About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Manager with Canadian and US experience. Ideal candidates will have their CPA, a solid technical background and can thrive in a collaborative remote first environment. This is an exciting opportunity to navigate complexities in different areas of tax and learn more about evolving taxation matters around crypto.
- Conduct a variety of tax and accounting-related functions to meet global income tax accounting and compliance requirements.
- Analyze working papers for transfer pricing charges to related parties and transfer pricing policies.
- Prepare monthly Canadian and international tax provisions to be included in financial reporting.
- Prepare Canadian federal and provincial corporate tax returns, including cross-border and foreign compliance filing for financial reporting.
- Review monthly US Federal and State corporate tax returns.
- Manage other various tax matters such as indirect sales tax, withholding taxes, information reporting returns/issues.
- As a trusted liaison and advisor, build relationships with external tax consultants and internal finance teams for international tax filings and SRED.
- Liaise with external auditors, CRA, IRS, provincial and state tax authorities to address audit or other inquiries.
- Manage ad hoc audit and tax research projects to support business decisions.
- Work closely with the internal legal department and outside tax advisors and counsel on complex tax strategy planning and implementation.
- CPA with 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally including both Big 4 and industry.
- Strong communication, analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Expertise in cross-border tax compliance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with and interest in the blockchain space.
One of Figment’s core principles is “Making the Invisible Visible” - ensuring transparency and information sharing in all communication. Figment is committed to transparency regarding pay, benefits, and other compensation types for all internal roles as well as all roles being hired for.
Base Salary: The US base salary range for this position is USD $100,000 - $130,000. The CAD base salary range for this position is CAD $100,000 - $130,000. This range reflects base salary only, and does not include additional compensation or benefits.For candidates in other countries, the pay range will be disclosed upon your first interview with Figment (being a globally remote company, the list of salary ranges would simply be too long to note here!). The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum range for a new hire across all Canada or the US. A candidate’s specific pay within the range will be determined by various factors including job-related skills, relevant education, and training.
Benefits: All employees of Figment receive the following competitive benefits. For candidates beyond Canada and the US, benefits will be outlined during your first interview with Figment.
- 100% remote-first environment, with co-working spaces in our employee “hubs” across the globe for those who enjoy a hybrid model
- 4 weeks of PTO that kick in day one, with an additional 1 week of flex days
- Extended company-paid health benefits that kick in day one
- Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- A home office stipend to create a space that you enjoy working in
- Monthly Wifi reimbursement
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- 401K (US) or RRSP match (Canada)
- Stock Options in the company
- Competitive bonus (based on company performance) that is distributed bi-annually - we believe that the company’s success should be shared with our employees oftenFor roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- For roles listed within the Sales Department, there is instead a competitive commissions structure which will be outlined during your first interview with Figment
- Annual onsite company gatherings and retreats to inspire team bonding, collaboration, and fun!
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment