At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is hiring a Senior Manager, Financial Services, team member to support the expansion and scale up of Ripple’s Finance organization. You will report to the Director, Financial Services and work collaboratively across the Finance team to help build, codify and implement processes to enable the secured and scaled growth of the Finance team in support of Ripple’s business and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Monitor intraday activities and processes across multiple products and systems
- Become an expert in the existing finance processes by working with specific finance teams to document and improve existing processes
- Lead and participate in QA, UAT for new and changed functionality
- Understand risks and requirements for various types of collateral, including cryptocurrencies, to determine appropriate haircuts and leverage ratios
- Demonstrate awareness of market risks and volatility on leveraged positions and set policies and procedures to protect the company’s assets
- Set up client services process to communicate margin calls, arrange settlements and assist with inquiries and escalations
- Work with Credit Committee (Finance, Credit, Markets, Compliance and others) to ensure processes are built to adhere to established framework
- Ensure Ripple’s own margin and collateral needs are satisfied with counterparties, exchanges, clearing corps, agents, etc. where we have a market presence
- Monitor intraday activity with trading venues to ensure that assets sold under an extended settlement arrangement are delivered within required deadlines
- Collaborate to design and implement solutions to complex functional objectives and build on processes to impact change.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of others; non-people managers at this level are seen as team leaders or role models
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience building strong relationships with other functional leaders and collaborating on cross-functional initiatives
- Comfortable working with software product teams
- Experience with developing and implementing off the shelf and in-house solutions
- Self-driven with a passion for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Thorough knowledge of custody, clearing and settlement processes
- High proficiency in Google and Microsoft office applications, including Excel and VBA
- Effective communicator across all key stakeholders
- Able to narrate the state of the business and business direction.
- 6-8 Years of hands-on operations experience, including books and records maintenance, reconciliation and exception processing
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS principles and hands-on accounting experience is a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events