What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Director to join the Enterprise Risk Management team, who will be responsible for leading multiple program areas including governance and oversight, policy management, reporting, issue management, risk identification, control and assessments and Governance Risk and Compliance Technology platforms. This role will lead these ERM teams and work closely with the compliance leads to support and drive the risk organizations’ strategy, communications, and thought leadership as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team. You will oversee the implementation and execution of controls by respective functions to ensure that the overall risk is appropriately managed based on Circle’s risk appetite. The right candidate will possess and demonstrate a strong risk management design and execution anchored on outcomes.
What you'll work on:
- Overseeing and adhering to all the risk aspects of the ERM Program under management including on-going end-to-end process improvement as related to controls and overall program practices.
- Leading the development and management of the GRC technology platform from selection, requirement definition, testing, administration and training.
- Creating and leading an ERM partner team that will work closely with the Business Functions on managing their risk activities.
- Serving as a member of the specialized risk committees that support risk management activities based on specific risks within their scope.
- Collaborating cross functionally to identify resiliency gaps, operational threats and executing a plan to address them.
- Providing analysis and recommendations to Executives and the risk community on all ERM programs under management.
- Working closely with strategy, regulation, communications, security, compliance, risk, legal, product, operations and other cross-functional teams to understand the overall business environment.
- Coordinating with financial risk management function to ensure alignment with enterprise frameworks and reporting requirements.
- Interfacing with all relevant regulators and other stakeholders as the main point of contact with respect to our ERM program, and relevant technology and operational processes.
- Multi-tasking to play other leadership and execution roles, as needed, in Circle’s overall compliance and risk function.
- Collaborating with the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer and VP, ERM in projects and responsibilities, as assigned, that may be global in nature.
- Supporting the Enterprise Risk Management Committee in providing risk expertise and input into the overall health of the ERM program.
- Recommending vulnerability mitigation strategies, and influences remediation management to business units.
- Performing governance and oversight activities to ensure business functions are in compliance with ERM frameworks.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 13+ years of experience in risk management at a financial services (preferred), payments or technology (growth) company.
- 7+ years of experience managing and leading teams.
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks, risk management processes, risk appetite statements, key risk measures/indicators (leading vs lagging), and review.
- Experience in embedding a risk culture in a rapidly expanding business environment, preferable technology or financial services.
- Mastery of Enterprise Risk Management, building programs, especially control experience across several disciplines including governance and oversight, issues management, reporting management, risk identification, control and assessment and other second line of defense programs.
- Unexcelled communications abilities, in all forms and for all audiences, across cultures, interests and stages.
- Proven track record in driving impact, outcomes and engagement in complex multi-level influencing and negotiations both laterally, with executives and board members.
- Mastery of working in an internally dynamic, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment. Proactive self-starter.
- Technical virtuosity in global financial, technology and emerging political and regulatory issues shaping global markets.
- Consummate communicator in complex, multi-stakeholder global environments and model behaviors consistent with company values and the highest ethical standards.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Miami, FL. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $215,000 - $305,000
Annual Bonus Target: 25%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.