SELF ID is a new company focused on solving the issue of digital identity. Instead of looking at identity as a problem to solve through “authentication”, we’ve realized that the context is much bigger and more exciting. Our solution enables users to co-own their data with the platforms they create that data with, and then gives them the ability to share, give, distribute and even monetize that data as we put the individual at the center of their electronic universe and create the world’s first “digital genome”.
Our company is founded by leading inventors and investors in the crypto space, and includes founders of some of the top 4-5 crypto projects by market cap. With the expertise we have in the space, the experience we have across our founders, and the excitement around this particular type of technology, we are confident that this project takes on a life of its own. We want to be sure we’re enlisting the help of the right people to help us on that journey.
SELF ID has recently closed a pre-seed round and is launching this fall.
SELF ID is looking for a foundational Solutions Engineer to build out the client integration architecture & implementation process for our rapidly growing company. As a SELF ID Solutions Engineer, you will help integration partners to be successful in deploying the SELF ID platform. You will utilize your strong technical skills, business competencies and customer service orientation, provide the highest level of solution design, and deliver technical value to cross-functional teams, prospects and customers, to support growth goals.
This is a full-time role reporting to the CTO that can be held anywhere in the world.
- Create and deliver customer-centric solution designs, proposed architectures and business outcomes to all levels – developers, architects, CTO, and CIO
- Work with cross-functional teams including Business Development, Product and Engineering to share SELF ID’s vision with customers and prospects
- Advise customers on use case patterns through discovery and requirements workshops
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Work with teammates and management to define technical selling strategy
- Participate within the SELF ID and MDIP/Keychain.org community, share evangelism activities (blogs, meetups, industry events), and contribute to internal and external knowledge repositories
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a similar position, delivering solutions to business leaders and technical champions in the enterprise.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in Solution Architecture/Engineering as a field of practice (an ability to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architectures, and be hands-on with the tech) to design, build, and demonstrate real business value
- Hands-on experience developing on/with the Bitcoin blockchain (block explorers, Bitcoin Core, C++, Bitcoin RPC) with deep understanding of decentralized computing systems in general.
- Experience with Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) wallets (BIP39, Seed Phrase, xpriv, xpub)
- Experience with Node.js/npm, Web Sockets/RPC
- Experience with Webview
- Familiarity with the W3C standards for DIDs and Verifiable Credentials and Presentations
- Experience with IPFS, IPNS and knowledge of the supported key pairs (RSA, ed25519, secp256k1)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, ELB, EBS), Linux distributions/development, Android,iOs and MacOS development.
- You care about your colleagues, and you will get the job done together.
- You are passionate about what you do and inspire people around you
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a Technical Field
- You understand the challenges in identity authentication and orchestration and integration of enterprise platforms for identity in the enterprise
- Experience with, and interest in, open-source software and development practices
- Experience with Zero Knowledge Proofs (ZKP's) and ZKrollups
- Experience with the Ethereum Blockchain
- Experience with Solidity Smart contracts
- You have made notable contributions to open source projects (please provide your GitHub or other repo handles and/or projects)
We benefit from the great work you do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of benefits to help each of us live our best lives.
- Competitive salary - because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days - because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Flexible work environment - because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment - because - teamwork makes the dream work
- The ability to build something great alongside great people - because we're here to change the world, and to have a lot of fun along the way
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.