Location: We are a fully remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 3 hours CEST time.
Position: Full-time contractor
CoW Protocol is looking for a world-class designer that will build, maintain, and continually execute an iconic visual identity for its consumer-facing brands, CoW Swap & CoW Protocol.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced, dynamic startup with significant traction and a growth trajectory. They will report to the Head of Marketing, and work hand-in-hand with our Principal UI Designer.
- Build an iconic visual identity for CoW Swap and CoW Protocol, in collaboration with our Principal UI Designer
- Set up and continually maintain a comprehensive design system in Figma
- Partner with a copywriter (future hire) to develop breakthrough campaign ideas and executions that promote various aspects of CoW Swap
- Design the majority of our consumer-facing visuals (yourself), including graphics, charts, video edits, and animations for our social channels, website, docs, forum, etc.
- Create digital ads (with and without motion) for social media, display, and other channels
- Create physical swag, sticker packs, banners, posters, OOH ads, and other collateral for a number of conferences and industry events where CoW Swap has a presence
- Assist the frontend team by rapidly designing and implementing new UX/UI elements that push the boundaries of decentralized interface design, with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and fun
- Help make our landing pages easily understandable and enjoyable to interact with
- Build design into a competitive advantage for CoW Swap
- 4+ years working on visual design for iconic brands
- Demonstrated interest in DeFi and/or blockchain/crypto/web3
- Technically excellent in all aspects of graphic design
- Skilled in motion design, animation, and video editing
- Understands core UX/UI design principles
- Highly creative; capable of big, conceptual thinking
- Appetite to create best-in-class work on small scales (i.e. social posts, infographics, interaction design) as well as large
- Understands how brands work, and how brands grow
- Understands the creative process
- High degree of attention to detail
- Understands how people behave online, how memes work, etc.
- Able to identify opportunities for impact and work independently
- Skilled in the English language – able to suggest copy improvements, catch grammar mistakes, etc.
- Relevant crypto and DeFi experience
- Experience building for the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory and mechanism design.
- If you can write HTML/CSS and understand React.js/Typescript
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- High level of autonomy, independency and ownership
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.
If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, we are excited to receive your CV and portfolio in English.