IO Global, the blockchain engineering company that created Cardano, is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join the team. In the role, you will provide support and counsel to a growing community, encourage engagement and maintain good practice.
You’ll act as an ambassador and champion for IOG/Cardano to help create an environment that supports and nurtures a growing community of interest, while drawing in new audiences.
This role requires well-developed community moderation skills, a strong strategic and objective-driven mindset, and a genuine excitement for engaging with members of the community.
- Own the high-level community plan for your product or service
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align around strategic objectives
- Execute tactical community activity from welcoming new members, generating discussion, acting as facilitator, mediating issues etc.
- Help design the necessary experiences to enable us to onboard and retain our audiences and strengthen our communities
- Monitoring activity and creating reports every week to continuously optimize the strategy
- Work closely with wider team to support community events
- Support initiatives to promote the IO Global brand within the community.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in community and/or social media roles OR demonstrable evidence as ambassador/community moderator
- Some experience in ideation, innovation management and facilitation highly desirable
- Solid knowledge and understanding of social media /community platforms (Telegram, Discord, Twitter etc) and how each platform can be used most effectively
- Understanding and experience of issue and crisis management
- Experienced and confident in data-driven approaches to community activity
- Excellent writing and language skills (native English)
- Good technical understanding (experience in blockchain and crypto technologies preferred).
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in an European or East Coast US time zone.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service