We are looking for a seasoned Data Scientist and manager to lead the data science team that uses big data to drive business optimization and decision-making at the center of customer behavior, pricing, marketing, and risk management across various crypto products and services. This role requires hands-on leadership necessary to grow a team through the start-up phase into a mature organization.
- Work with the head of Data Organization to develop, own and drive the vision & strategy for the company’s data science/AI initiatives.
- Be the technical leader in developing data science and machine learning solutions to drive business growth and operational efficiencies.
- Build, develop, and manage a high-performing data science team through direct coaching and mentorship.
- Perform as a hands-on coach in leading the full ML/AI development cycle: design/experiment, develop, validate, deploy, and analyze.
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure that data science efforts are translated to positive business impacts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Data driven mindset with a graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, AI/ML, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, or an equivalent technical field.
- A proven track record of demonstrated leadership in complex areas, through critical thinking, thought leadership, technical skills, and relentless drive for progress.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software development, data science, or data analytics.
- 4+ years of experience in pricing, marketing, product and risk analytics would be highly valued.
- Experience with experimental design, A/B testing, statistical inference/causal analysis is highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling process from data exploration, methodology (statistical models, unsupervised and supervised ML models) to model validation, deployment and performance monitoring.
- Professional experience with a programming language such as R or Python, and advanced SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau/Looker.
- Experience with data science modeling toolsets such as Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn.
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbal and written, to influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services is a plus.
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge.
Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.