EX’s venture arm is focused on investing in critical infrastructure projects that are underpinning and fortifying trust in web3.
As an intern, you will help to scale IEX’s venture fund through deal sourcing and evaluation, process building and optimization, value creation across portfolio and IEX business units, and knowledge institutionalization across the company.
- Enterprising and empathetic: we know and appreciate what it takes to build an innovative company, and this empathy and humility defines how we interact and build trust with the companies we meet
- Creative problem solver: from conducting due diligence, to winning deals, to identifying and operationalizing opportunities for value creation, this role is filled with unique challenges that require a can-do attitude and commitment to developing and implementing processes, frameworks and outside-the-box thinking
- Collaborative by nature: working cross-functionally across different parts of IEX’s business is an essential component of the role. Especially in the current hybrid work paradigm, it is essential for us to work as a team to develop unique perspectives to form theses about technologies and markets
- Analytical and inquiring mind: you must be willing to go deep to assess technologies, vertical markets and investment opportunities from a first principles perspective
- Outstanding communicator: you’ll often be synthesizing diligence findings for internal sponsors, interfacing with entrepreneurs and participating in strategic discussions
- Passionate about web3 / blockchain technology: this role requires some existing domain knowledge / opinions and a genuine passion for the tenets of web3 and the social and market impact that blockchains can have across many industries
- Build relationships with management team members of current and prospective portfolio companies, as well as investors from partner funds
- Perform comprehensive market research on specific companies and vertical markets to develop investment hypotheses and investment opportunities
- Drive the optimization (efficacy and efficiency) of internal operational processes (e.g., sourcing, due diligence)
- Identify and operationalize opportunities for mutual value creation across portfolio companies and IEX business units
- Accrue and institutionalize domain knowledge across business units to extend our digital assets platform
- Available to start in summer 2023 and end co-op internship in fall 2023 (6-months minimum)
- Undergraduate working towards a bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passionate and knowledgeable about blockchains/Web3 and their underlying technologies
- Experience in some combination of the following: management consulting, finance, corporate development, big tech, and start-up / scale-up technology
- Strong background in written communication, PowerPoint (visual display of information) and Excel (financial modelling)
- High degree of comfort working with external parties (e.g., clients, customers, vendors, consultants, etc.)
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay is $30.00/hour for this NY-based position. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The annual base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.