Scope of the role:
If you like solving problems with moving parts, investigating market conduct and transaction-based activity, working with emerging technologies and seeing results that protect against activity that may be suspicious or indicative of potential money laundering, fraud, and other types of financial crime, then think about joining B2C2 as a Transaction Monitoring Analyst on our US Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review alerts and investigations and escalate matters to the Transaction Monitoring Manager, Chief Compliance Officer and/or AML Compliance Officer, as necessary.
- Identify suspicious activity, investigate patterns, typologies, and work on appropriate solutions.
- Investigate, analyze, and identify AML alerts which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports (SARs) as required by law.Ensure AML risks associated with transaction activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and mitigated.
- Interface with Onboarding team in conducting sanctions, PEP, and adverse media checks on crypto asset wallets.
- Assume responsibility for certain projects, including gathering data, maintaining investigative file and disposition database, and preparing reporting metrics for meetings, external audits and exams.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in conducting alert reviews, investigations, and handling transaction monitoring remediations, preferably with a fintech or crypto asset trading firm.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. AML, KYC, OFAC, FinCEN requirements and regulations).
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly.
- Ability to make independent decisions as well as collaborate effectively with a team.
- Willingness to work across different time zones with global and regional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effective communicator both written and verbal.
- Well-organized and good at multitasking. Track-record of keeping good composure in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Energetic / self-starter. Ability to take direction and act quickly.
- Experience with or a keen interest in emerging technologies including bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Ethereum.
- ACAMS certification and/or Certified Fraud Examiner is a plus.
- Strong understanding of transaction monitoring scenarios logic.
- The opportunity to grow at a fast pace in meritocratic environment
- Performance review and discretionary cash bonus paid every quarter
- 401K plan after 3 months of employment
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability
- 15 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Exciting social calendar
- Recognition awards